(Last modified: 19/11/2020)
EDEMweddings (referred to as "us", "us" or "Company") is committed to the users of the website (referred to as "users", "visitors", "customers", "you", "you") to protect their personal data and to process their personal information (referred to as "personal information", "personal data", "pp" or "pd") with transparency.
"Personal data" is any information about a natural person that has been identified or can be identified. Personal information is information that relates to you, with which your identity has been identified or can be identified and which includes, for example, your name, e-mail address, your physical address, your A.D. M., the IP address (only when we have collected it in conjunction with direct identification information) or the information you submitted by contacting us.
The personal data we collect and process depends on the purpose of your visit and the services or products you have purchased or agreed to receive from us.
This privacy statement:
- lists the way in which the Company collects, processes and shares your personal information and informs you of your rights in accordance with local laws for the protection of personal information and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) of the European Union.
- is addressed to natural persons who are ordinary visitors of the Company's website, existing or potential customers of the Company or authorized representatives of existing or potential customers of the Company.
who we are
EDEMweddings is a company registered in Greece in order to provide products and services.
Distinctive Title: EDEMweddings
Name: PLIAKOS NIKOLAOS
Address: AMPELAKIA, Trikala, PC
2.2. What personal information do we process and where do we collect it?
We collect personal information about our current and future customers through our website. We never collect personal information, by other means or by using a third party agent.
In accordance with local tax laws and European Union VAT and invoicing directives, we collect the following personal information: your name, telephone number, email address, your physical address, your company name and tax information (if applicable), IP address, country, UserAgent string of the browser you used when registering. This information is used to create the legal invoice after the successful payment of your purchase and to prove your country of origin if required by the European Union VAT directives.
The IP address is temporarily collected each time you access our site and is in the web server logs, security software logs, and contact forms. This information is used to ensure the security of our website and to prevent abuse. The IP address information is not directly identifiable, but if stored in conjunction with the user account, it may be an indirect identifier.
Contact form / offers information
Any information you provide by voluntarily submitting a contact form or form to receive an offer. We use this information to respond to your requests.
2.3. Personal information of minors
We do not allow minors (under the age of 13) to use our site. Any account found in violation of this term will be terminated without refund and all information regarding this user account will be deleted.
2.4. If you are legally obliged to provide us with your personal information
The provision of your invoicing information is required by law in accordance with the European Union tax regulation and its transposition into local tax law. It is illegal to allow you to make a purchase without issuing an invoice that requires this information. For the same reason, information that is not printed on the invoice (IP address, country based on the IP address and the UserAgent string) is also required to prove your country of origin in order to apply the correct VAT rate.
Your IP address in the context of security prevention and abuse is specifically exempt from the requirement of your consent in accordance with the European Union GDPR. We are legally obligated to ensure the security of your personal information through any appropriate technical means which includes the collection of your IP address in this context.
Any other personal information is voluntarily provided by you so that we can provide our services to you. You are not legally obliged to provide it, but only if you do, we will be able to serve you and provide you with the agreed services. Simply put, if you do not tell us what the problem is and do not give us the means to understand it, there is nothing we can do to help you.
2.5. Who are the recipients of your personal information?
Depending on your actions on our websites, your personal information may be transferred to some of our following partners and subcontractors. These providers and suppliers are contracted by EDEMweddings to ensure the confidentiality and protection of your personal data in accordance with local data protection laws and the GDPR.
The recipients of your personal information are as follows.
We receive pricing information to meet our obligations under tax laws. We also receive the voluntary information of the contact forms and offers in order to serve you.
- PayPal (Europe)
Provides statistics for our site. Only anonymous information is sent to Google. It is not clear whether Google should be mentioned as a data processor. The only way to resolve the ambiguity is to list Google here, but make it clear that, to the best of our knowledge and technical ability, we do not post personal information.
Provides information about the EDEMweddings Facebook account and statistics between that account and our site. Only anonymous information is sent to Facebook and which may be combined with information you have already provided to Facebook through your own account. It is not clear whether Facebook should be mentioned as a data processor through our own fault. The only way to resolve the ambiguity is to post Facebook here, but to state clearly that, based on our best knowledge and technical skills, we do not post personal information.
2.6. Transfer of your personal data to a third country or international organization
Your personal information may be transferred to third countries (countries outside the European Union) in certain cases, such as e.g. payments made through a non-EU payment processing company, or the provision of support to you by our third country partners or whenever required by law or if you have expressly consented. All Processors are required to comply with European Union data protection rules and to provide appropriate assurances regarding the management of your personal information in accordance with Article 46 of the GDPR.
2.7. Automated decision making
Generally, when establishing and conducting a business relationship with you, we do not use automated decision making. The only automated actions are:
- Application of the correct VAT rate. This is legal, necessary and based on your country of origin. Your personal information is being used (IP address and country stored in your profile).
2.8. How long do we keep your personal information?
We retain your personal information for as long as we have a business relationship with you, as evidenced by the actions you take on our website or by physical actions between you and EDEMweddings.
We are legally obliged to maintain the pricing information, both for security and organizational reasons and due to the supervision of our tax auditors, for a period of up to ten (10) years after your purchase.
Twelve (12) months after the end of our business relationship (termination may be expressly stated or automatically implies from the date of your last connection to our site or the last physical contact / contact with Edemweddings, either of the two dates is the last), the following measures will be taken:
- Your invoices and billing information will be removed from our site (we will retain the hard copies as explained above). An aliased, unrecognizable record of your purchase will be reserved for statistical purposes.
- The user account will be deleted.
- Any personal information stored on the site (eg contact / offer forms) will be deleted.
We may retain your personal information longer than stated for practical, technical or legal reasons. For example, your personal information may be stored longer than reported in encrypted backups.
2.9. Your rights to your personal data
You have the following rights regarding the personally identifiable information we hold about you:
- Have access to or be aware of the personal information we hold about you. This allows you, for example, to receive a copy of the personal data we hold on your behalf and to confirm that we are processing it legally.
- Request the correction of your personal information. This allows you to correct incomplete, inaccurate or outdated information we hold on your behalf. Please note that invoicing correction is only possible when purchasing a service or product and only applies to newly issued invoices. This is a legal requirement.
- Request the deletion of your personal information ("right to be forgotten"). This allows you to request that we delete your personal information when there is no real reason to process it.
- Stop processing your personal information ("right of objection") because there is something special about your situation that makes you want to object to their processing. If you object, we will no longer process your personal data unless we can prove compelling legal reasons for processing that run counter to your interests, rights and freedoms. Please note that this is largely inapplicable to our business relationship, as processing is done by us either on a legal basis or with your explicit consent or is exempt from GDPR mandates (eg maintaining an IP log for security reasons).
- You have the right to object in cases where we process your personal information for direct marketing purposes. This also includes profiling, to the extent that it is used for direct marketing.
- Request a restriction on the processing of your personal information. You may ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information, in specific cases such as when:
- personal data is inaccurate,
- personal data has been used illegally but you do not wish to delete it,
- personal data is no longer required, but you want to keep it for use in potential legal requirements,
- You have asked us to stop using your personal information but you are waiting for us to confirm if we have a legitimate reason to use it.
- Request a copy of your personal information in a structured, widely used format to transmit this information to other organizations and companies. You can also request that we transfer the file directly to another organization of your choice. This is also known as a "data transfer right".
- Withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information at any time. Please note that revoking your consent at any time does not invalidate the legality of the processing based on your consent before it is revoked or withdrawn by you.
To exercise any of the above rights, please use the following form "Request for personal data". Alternatively, or if you have questions about the use of your personal information by us, you can contact us via the contact form.
According to the law, we will respond immediately to your requests and within 30 working days. If you have not received a response from us for more than three weeks (21 days), please try to contact us again by alternative means. Most likely your request never reached us. Please note that we reserve the right to direct you to the tools on our website and / or the Privacy Statement if your concerns are addressed directly by them. By law, we reserve the right not to respond to your requests if they are too frequent or abusive.
2.10. Changes to this Privacy Statement
We may periodically modify this privacy statement.
When this happens, we will change the date at the top of the page. We do not have the technical means to notify our customers of any changes. We recommend that you review this statement periodically so that you are always informed about how we process and protect your personal information.
2.11. Cookies policy
Our website uses small text files, known as cookies, to enhance your experience and make it work better.
An HTTP cookie (also called a webcookie, web cookie, browser cookie or simply cookie) is a small piece of data sent from a website and stored on the user's computer by the user's browser while the user is browsing.
The main purpose of a cookie is to identify users and possibly prepare custom websites for them.